Wildlife Safari & Festival
Duration: 01 – 08 December 2017
7 Nights / 8 Days
DAY 1 : 01 Dec 2017: Guwahati to Kaziranga (5 hr drive)
Take your early morning flight to Guwahati. Afternoon, arrive at Guwahati airport. Lunch and transfer to Kaziranga National Park by SUV (250 kms / 5 hrs). Check in at your very hospitable Kaziranga resort and stay overnight.
DAY 2 : 02 Dec 2017: Jungle Safari at Kaziranga National Park
After an early wake up call, enjoy the wilderness of Kaziranga on an elephant safari in the central zone. After the ride, get back to the lodge for a sumptuous breakfast at 7 am and drive to the Central Range (Kohora) of the park for a jeep safari. Post lunch enjoy a second jeep safari in the Western Range (Baguri) of the park. Evening spent at leisure and campfire. Overnight in Kaziranga.
DAY 3 : 03 Dec 2017: Kaziranga to Khonoma (6 hr drive)
Take the early morning elephant ride at the Tiger Reserve (optional). Post breakfast drive to Khonoma (235 kms / 6 hrs). Overnight in home-stay with the local Angami tribe.
DAY 4 : 04 Dec 2017: Kohima
Post breakfast visit Khonoma Village (20 kms / 45 mins) and visit the 2nd World War Cemetery where the famous Battle of the Tennis Court took place. It was the first time during World War II that the Japanese lost the initiative to the Allies in South East Asia. Visit the State Museum, handloom and handicraft emporium and the local market. In the evening, visit the KNCTS Sanctuary for a forest walk, a unique example of the community initiative for wildlife and environment conservation. Stay overnight at the hotel.
DAY 5 : 05 Dec 2017: Kohima Hornbill Festival
Morning visit the local tribal market. Post breakfast drive to the venue of the Grand Hornbill Festival held in Kisema village (16 kms from the hotel), reach the venue, and enjoy the festival which features traditional art, dance forms, folklore, music and games all showcasing the unique tribal culture. There are plenty of handicraft stalls, food stalls, and heady rice beer to indulge in as well. Stay overnight at the hotel.
DAY 6 : 06 Dec 2017: Kohima Hornbill Festival
Spend the full day attending the Hornbill Festival. In the evenings after sundown, the main attraction is the Hornbill National Rock Concert. Bands from all over the country come to compete in this mega event. Overnight in Kohima.
DAY 7 : 07 Dec 2017: Kohima to Guwahati (9 hr drive)
Post breakfast drive to Guwahati (425 kms / 9 hrs). Reach Guwahati and stay overnight.
DAY 8 : 08 Dec 2017
After breakfast drop at the airport for onward journey – TOUR ENDS.
Inclusions and Exclusions
- Accommodation on twin sharing basis in double occupancy (single occupancy attracts a 15% supplement)
- All Meals (Breakfast, Lunch, Tea and Dinner)
- Drinking water
- Transfers to and from the airport
- Transportation by SUV (Innova or Xylo)
- Inner Line Permit/Protected Area Permit (for Arunachal Pradesh only)
- Rafting/Camel/Elephant Safari charges
- Porters and mules during trek
- Entry fee to all parks/monuments/folk dances
- English-speaking tour guide
Prices Do Not Include:
- Any kind of personal expenses or optional tours or extra meals ordered
- Anything not specifically mentioned under the head "Prices include"
- Tips, insurance, laundry, phone calls, medication, visa fees
- Any kind of drinks (alcoholic, mineral, aerated)
- Connecting flights, trains or other conveyance
- Cost incidental to any change in the itinerary/stay on account of flight cancellation due to bad weather, ill health, roadblocks and/or any factors beyond control.
Terms & Conditions:
- Prices valid from 1st October 2016 to 31st March 2018.
- Prices valid for minimum 2 and maximum 4 pax traveling together in one vehicle.
- 50% non-refundable and non-transferrable advance payment to be deposited at the time of booking confirmation with balance due in cash on arrival.
- November to March Pangong Lake Journey will be done in one-day excursion.
- In April and October heaters will be provided in accommodation and vehicle free of charge.
- Our itineraries are conceived for adult travelers above the age of 15. Due to the remote geographical location of our tours, none is suitable for pregnant guests.
About the Guide
"I'm a woman entrepreneur from Austria and run a resort in Goa, India. I have rarely followed
the crowd, have always lived curiously and am unafraid to travel alone. But when the time came
for me to explore India, I wanted someone else to put together a fascinating itinerary and look
after the logistics for me so that I could totally let my hair down and have fun.
It was a huge stroke of good fortune that I found out about Sange Tsering - The Holiday Scout.
Highly knowledgeable about the natural, historical and cultural treasures of Northeast India,
well organized and committed to customer satisfaction in his approach, Sange is more than a
qualified travel guide.
Given his contagious enthusiasm for discovery, Sange encouraged me to try everything and what
started out as a tour quickly became a glorious pursuit of new life experiences which we found
and swallowed whole for eleven straight days! Northeast India is a truly mesmerizing region,
and I will surely return to travel with The Holiday Scout - the guide makes all the difference."
Erika | Austria | Solo Traveller