Tawang Meghalaya Kaziranga ECO Camp
Guwahati - Shillong - Bhulakpong - Dirang - Tawang - Bomdila - Tezpur - Kaziranga - Guwahati
12 Nights / 13 Days
Arunachal Pradesh, Meghalaya
DAY 1 : Guwahati
Welcome to Guwahati, Gate way to the North East of India. Our airport representative will be happy to receive you on your arrive at Guwahati Airport. Step into our comfortable vehicle and drive through seven hills to Shillong capital of Meghalaya – The Abode of the Clouds. Experience the hospitable nature of the Khasis while being served a hot Lunch at Nongpoh town. Enroute stop and admire the Umiam Lake or Bara Pani.ArrivedShillong check into hotel. Over/Night Shillong.
DAY 2 : Shillong Peak
Morning drive to Shillong Peak to get a breath taking view of Shillong City. Then drive to Cherrapunjee and experience the roar of Nohkalikai waterfalls. Visit the famous limestone caves of Mawsmai.
View the largest rock KhohRamhah, children play in the Thangkhrang Park and stand over a Waterfall–Dain Thelen falls. Late evening drive back to Shillong. Overnight stay at Shillong.
DAY 3 : Shillong to Bhulakpong or Tezpur
Morning local sightseeing, visit Elephant falls, Wards Lake, Golf course and Christian Cathedral.Visit Don Bosco museum which showcases the indigenous culture of entire North East of India. Drive to TEZPUR OR BHULAKPONG.
DAY 4 : Bhulakpong to Dirang
Drive to Dirang 221 km / 7-8 hrs drive. The journey is along a very scenic road traversing forested hills. And crossing over the Nichephu pass to the Tangavalley. The road climbs through a series of hairpins to the town of Bomdila, located at 2800m height .Then, the road descends to the Dirangvalley, which is located at 1600m. Overnight at hotel in Dirang.
DAY 5 : Dirang to Tawang
Drive to tawang /140kms/ our enchanting, journey to Tawang continues over the 4150meters high sela pass which was once the battle ground between the India and Chinese army. Over/ night/ hotel
DAY 6 : Tawang
Explore the 400 years old tawang monastery; visit Urgelling Monastery dating back to 1489 followed by the monpa village. Over/ night at hotel
The famous GeldenNamgyalLhatsa, popularly known as Tawang monastery was founded by Mera Lama LodreGyamsto. This Monastery is largest in the Country and is the Second largest in Asia. This Monastery is the fountain head of the spiritually life of Gelukpa Sect of Mahayana school of Buddhism. The inner walls of Dukhang, the assembly hall are printed with murals of various divinities and saints. It is everyone’s first preferred place to visit.
DAY 7 : Tawang to Zimethang/ visit Gorsomchorttan(Buddhist stupa)
It is situated about 99 km from Tawang. Visit largest Buddhist Stupa[chorten] which was constructed in 12th Century A.D and visit Typical Pangchinpa tribe. Same tribe can also be seen in china. Back to Tawang by evening time/ over/ night/ hotel
DAY 8 : Tawang - Bomdila
Drive back to Bomdila 190 km over the sela pass to Dirang. On the way stop at jung to explore another monpa village and visit indo–china War memorial Over/ night/ hotel
DAY 9 : Bomdila to Tezpur 160km 6hrs drive
Morning visit Rabgyaling Gontse Gompa upper gompa Thupchob Gatelinggomparupavally and chiullipemmonastray and drive to Tezpur.
DAY 10 : Tezpur to Kaziranga 120km 2hrs drive
Afternoon after relaxation you will proceed for a jeep safari. Kaziranga is a World Heritage site & with a population of well over 1000 rhinoceros is the best place in the world to see these beasts. There are also good populations of tiger, wild elephant, sambar, swamp deer, hog deer, wild pig & many other species.
DAY 11 : Elephant Ride and Jeep Safari inside the national park
Elephant ride and jeep safari inside the national park
DAY 12 : Kaziranga to Guwahati 250km 6 hrs drive Explore Gawahati
Early morning start your drive to Mon for 5-6 hours. After going through checking formalities at the border of Nagaland, we enter the state. Visit first village at Phuktong village. It has two great Morungs (men’s dormitories). Also visit Angh’s (chief’s) residence.
DAY 13 : Drive to airport or train station fly to connected flight.
Drive to airport or train station fly to connected flight.
Inclusions and Exclusions
- Accommodation on twin sharing basis in double occupancy (single occupancy attracts a 15% supplement)
- All Meals (Breakfast, Lunch, Tea and Dinner)
- Drinking water
- Transfers to and from the airport
- Transportation by SUV (Innova or Xylo)
- Inner Line Permit/Protected Area Permit (for Arunachal Pradesh only)
- Rafting/Camel/Elephant Safari charges
- Porters and mules during trek
- Entry fee to all parks/monuments/folk dances
- English-speaking tour guide
Prices Do Not Include:
- Any kind of personal expenses or optional tours or extra meals ordered
- Anything not specifically mentioned under the head "Prices include"
- Tips, insurance, laundry, phone calls, medication, visa fees
- Any kind of drinks (alcoholic, mineral, aerated)
- Connecting flights, trains or other conveyance
- Cost incidental to any change in the itinerary/stay on account of flight cancellation due to bad weather, ill health, roadblocks and/or any factors beyond control.
Terms & Conditions:
- Prices valid from 1st October 2016 to 31st March 2018.
- Prices valid for minimum 2 and maximum 4 pax traveling together in one vehicle.
- 50% non-refundable and non-transferrable advance payment to be deposited at the time of booking confirmation with balance due in cash on arrival.
- November to March Pangong Lake Journey will be done in one-day excursion.
- In April and October heaters will be provided in accommodation and vehicle free of charge.
- Our itineraries are conceived for adult travelers above the age of 15. Due to the remote geographical location of our tours, none is suitable for pregnant guests.
About the Guide
"I'm a woman entrepreneur from Austria and run a resort in Goa, India. I have rarely followed
the crowd, have always lived curiously and am unafraid to travel alone. But when the time came
for me to explore India, I wanted someone else to put together a fascinating itinerary and look
after the logistics for me so that I could totally let my hair down and have fun.
It was a huge stroke of good fortune that I found out about Sange Tsering - The Holiday Scout.
Highly knowledgeable about the natural, historical and cultural treasures of Northeast India,
well organized and committed to customer satisfaction in his approach, Sange is more than a
qualified travel guide.
Given his contagious enthusiasm for discovery, Sange encouraged me to try everything and what
started out as a tour quickly became a glorious pursuit of new life experiences which we found
and swallowed whole for eleven straight days! Northeast India is a truly mesmerizing region,
and I will surely return to travel with The Holiday Scout - the guide makes all the difference."
Erika | Austria | Solo Traveller