- Photography Tour - Part 1
Photography Tour - Part 1
Angami Tribe, Ao Tribe, Konyak Tribe, Lotha Tribe, Sumi Tribe
9 Nights / 10 Days
Cultural heritage is something we cannot physically touch, yet which has a major bearing on the way people live. Particularly in a tribal society with no written history, the knowledge carried by the tribe’s members that is inherited from previous generations needs to be protected and preserved.
In this unique tour, we turn to photography in our attempt to record this intangible cultural knowledge as it manifests itself in the customs of North East India’s tribal communities. Our aim is to photograph villagers dressed in their ceremonial attire and to hear their folk tales about the significance of the dress; to document the ribbon of tradition that runs through them all, tradition that can still be traced back to the time before modernizers and missionaries came.
DAY 1 : DIMAPUR to KOHIMA (68 Kms)
DAY 3 : KOHIMA to MOKUKCHUNG (147 Kms)
DAY 5 : MOKUKCHUNG to SIBSAGAR (128 Kms)
DAY 6 : SIBSAGAR to MON (99 Kms)
DAY 8 : MON to KAZIRANGA (268 Kms)
DAY 10 : KAZIRANGA to GUWAHATI (215 Kms)
Inclusions and Exclusions
- Accommodation on twin sharing basis in double occupancy (single occupancy attracts a 15% supplement)
- All Meals (Breakfast, Lunch, Tea and Dinner)
- Drinking water
- Transfers to and from the airport
- Transportation by SUV (Innova or Xylo)
- Inner Line Permit/Protected Area Permit (for Arunachal Pradesh only)
- Rafting/Camel/Elephant Safari charges
- Porters and mules during trek
- Entry fee to all parks/monuments/folk dances
- English-speaking tour guide
Prices Do Not Include:
- Any kind of personal expenses or optional tours or extra meals ordered
- Anything not specifically mentioned under the head "Prices include"
- Tips, insurance, laundry, phone calls, medication, visa fees
- Any kind of drinks (alcoholic, mineral, aerated)
- Connecting flights, trains or other conveyance
- Cost incidental to any change in the itinerary/stay on account of flight cancellation due to bad weather, ill health, roadblocks and/or any factors beyond control.
Terms & Conditions:
- Prices valid from 1st October 2016 to 31st March 2018.
- Prices valid for minimum 2 and maximum 4 pax traveling together in one vehicle.
- 50% non-refundable and non-transferrable advance payment to be deposited at the time of booking confirmation with balance due in cash on arrival.
- November to March Pangong Lake Journey will be done in one-day excursion.
- In April and October heaters will be provided in accommodation and vehicle free of charge.
- Our itineraries are conceived for adult travelers above the age of 15. Due to the remote geographical location of our tours, none is suitable for pregnant guests.
About the Guide
"I'm a woman entrepreneur from Austria and run a resort in Goa, India. I have rarely followed
the crowd, have always lived curiously and am unafraid to travel alone. But when the time came
for me to explore India, I wanted someone else to put together a fascinating itinerary and look
after the logistics for me so that I could totally let my hair down and have fun.
It was a huge stroke of good fortune that I found out about Sange Tsering - The Holiday Scout.
Highly knowledgeable about the natural, historical and cultural treasures of Northeast India,
well organized and committed to customer satisfaction in his approach, Sange is more than a
qualified travel guide.
Given his contagious enthusiasm for discovery, Sange encouraged me to try everything and what
started out as a tour quickly became a glorious pursuit of new life experiences which we found
and swallowed whole for eleven straight days! Northeast India is a truly mesmerizing region,
and I will surely return to travel with The Holiday Scout - the guide makes all the difference."
Erika | Austria | Solo Traveller
How to Book this Package?
To secure a booking for your tour, we ask that you pay a 50% deposit in advance with the balance due in cash on arrival.
For deposit within India, please use IFSC/NEFT - see bank details given on this page.
For deposit outside India, please use SWIFT remittance - see bank details given on this page.
Please note that should you decide to cancel your booking for whatever reason, your deposit will not be refunded or made transferable. The same holds true in case of no-show.
Bank account details
M/S HOLIDAY SCOUT
State Bank of India
Please apply the funds to account 34892756900
which is maintained at your Bomdila Branch
in Arunachal Pradesh
Near Govt Higher Secondary School,
Bomdila, West Kameng District,
Arunachal Pradesh - 790001