Window on Ladakh Co-ed
Rizong Nunnery, Alchi Murals, Lamayuru Lunar Landscapes, Khardongla Pass, Nubra Valley, Stok Palace Museum, Tsomoriri Lake
14 Nights / 15 Days
Duration: 25 August – 08 September 2017
DAY 1 : 25 Aug 2017: ARRIVAL IN DELHI
Transfer to hotel and evening free for market. Stay overnight in Delhi.
DAY 2 : 26 Aug 2017: DELHI to LEH
Arrive at Kushok Bakula Airport Leh situated at 3500m altitude. Be met by our representative at the airport and transfer to your hotel in Leh City 3 to 4 km. On arrival at the hotel welcome drink and then proceed to your room and spend full day at rest to acclimatize yourself completely to the high altitude of Ladakh, which is must. In the evening easy walk to Leh Bazaar. Stay overnight at the hotel.
DAY 3 : 27 Aug 2017: LEH
After an early breakfast, enjoy a full-day tour of the Indus Valley which includes visits to Leh Palace and Stok Monasteries which are among the historically most important and magnificent examples of royal architecture and Buddhist culture in Ladakh. Lunch box packed for the day. Spend the evening at your leisure in the market in Leh. Stay overnight at the hotel.
DAY 4 : 28 Aug 2017: LEH
Full day tour of some of the most fabulous monasteries and palaces in the Indus Valley belt of Ladakh which include Stok Palace built in 1834, the 16th century Shey Palace, Thiksey Monastery and Hemis Monastery. Stay overnight at the hotel.
DAY 5 : 29 Aug 2017: LEH to ULLEYTOKPO
After a leisurely breakfast drive to Ulleytokpo (70 kms). On the way visit Sangam, Alchi & Likir Monastery. Lunch box packed for the day. Afternoon excursion to Rizong Monastery & Nunnery, picturesque landscapes abound. Overnight in Ulley.
DAY 6 : 30 Aug 2017: ULLEYTOKPO to TINGMOGANG
In the morning after breakfast, drive to Tingmogang village (95 kms). En-route, stop at Khalatsi village for tea. Arrive at Tingmogang by afternoon and check-in at your hotel. After lunch visit Nunnery school, the great fortified Tingmogang Palace and Chamba Monastery which was once the capital of western Ladakh. Stay overnight at the hotel.
DAY 7 : 31 Aug 2017: TINGMOGANG to LEH
In the morning after breakfast visit Vipassana Valley which is host to meditation camps and treks during the short summer months. Drive back to Leh (92 kms) and check-in at your hotel. Spend the rest of the day free at leisure. Stay overnight at the hotel.
DAY 8 : 01 Sep 2017: LEH to NUBRA VALLEY
After an early breakfast at 8:00 am, drive to Nubra Valley via the world-renowned Khardongla Pass (18360 ft). Arrive and check-in at the especially set-up tented camp near the famous white-and-silver Sand Dunes of Nubra. Enjoy an authentic Kashmiri hot lunch on arrival. Rest and relax at the camp. In the afternoon visit Dsikit & Hunder Monasteries. Dinner and overnight at the exclusive camp.
DAY 9 : 02 Sep 2017: NUBRA VALLEY
A leisurely breakfast is followed by an exciting Camel Safari on double-humped camels through the white Sand Dunes of Nubra. Afterward, freshen up and savor a delicious Indian lunch at the camp. In the afternoon drive to the secluded Yarabtso Lake and visit Panamic Hot Springs. Head back to the Sand Dune Camp by evening. Dinner features regional specialties and a camp fire.
DAY 10 : 03 Sep 2017: NUBRA VALLEY to SABOO
After a leisurely breakfast drive back to Leh via Khardongla pass. Enjoy your lunch on top of the world’s highest pass, an experience in itself. Arrive Leh and check-in at the sprawling at the famous "Tibetan Kitchen Restaurant" in Leh (reserved table). Overnight in Saboo.
DAY 11 : 04 Sep 2017: LEH to TSOMORIRI LAKE
Early morning drive along the Indus River into Rupshu Valley. Admire the beautiful wilderness leading up to Tsomoriri Lake (4200m / 220km east of Leh). Lunch box packed for the day. Arrive at Tsomoriri by late afternoon and check-in at the tented camp at Korzok lakeside village, one Ladakh Sarai Yurts at Saboo. Relax till evening. Around 7:00 pm proceed to a unique Tibetan Dinner of the highest settlements in Ladakh. Evening relax and overnight at the camp.
DAY 12 : 05 Sep 2017: TSOMORIRI LAKE
Spend the day exploring the lake area. Walk along its seemingly endless shores. Head back to camp for lunch and later visit the nomadic village of Korzok and its small monastery. Tsomoriri Lake is also a famous bird watching sanctuary so remember to carry your binoculars. Overnight at the camp.
DAY 13 : 06 Sep 2017: TSOMORIRI to LEH
Morning drive back to Leh. En-route visit Chumathang sulphur hot springs and Thiksey Monastery. Evening free at leisure in Leh Bazaar. Overnight in Leh.
DAY 14 : 07 Sep 2017: LEH to DELHI
Early morning transfer to Kushok Bakula Airport Leh to board flight to Delhi. Be met by our representative at the airport and transfer to your hotel to check-in and freshen up. Enjoy lunch at a renowned restaurant that showcases cuisines of Northeast India. Afternoon guided heritage walk in Old Delhi. Farewell dinner featuring traditional family-style Rajasthani vegetarian Thali guaranteed to tickle your taste buds! Stay overnight at the hotel.
DAY 15 : 08 Sep 2017
According to your flight schedule, drop at the airport for onward journey. TOUR ENDS.
Inclusions and Exclusions
- Accommodation on twin sharing basis in double occupancy (single occupancy attracts a 15% supplement)
- All Meals (Breakfast, Lunch, Tea and Dinner)
- Drinking water
- Transfers to and from the airport
- Transportation by SUV (Innova or Xylo)
- Inner Line Permit/Protected Area Permit (for Arunachal Pradesh only)
- Rafting/Camel/Elephant Safari charges
- Porters and mules during trek
- Entry fee to all parks/monuments/folk dances
- English-speaking tour guide
Prices Do Not Include:
- Any kind of personal expenses or optional tours or extra meals ordered
- Anything not specifically mentioned under the head "Prices include"
- Tips, insurance, laundry, phone calls, medication, visa fees
- Any kind of drinks (alcoholic, mineral, aerated)
- Connecting flights, trains or other conveyance
- Cost incidental to any change in the itinerary/stay on account of flight cancellation due to bad weather, ill health, roadblocks and/or any factors beyond control.
Terms & Conditions:
- Prices valid from 1st October 2016 to 31st March 2018.
- Prices valid for minimum 2 and maximum 4 pax traveling together in one vehicle.
- 50% non-refundable and non-transferrable advance payment to be deposited at the time of booking confirmation with balance due in cash on arrival.
- November to March Pangong Lake Journey will be done in one-day excursion.
- In April and October heaters will be provided in accommodation and vehicle free of charge.
- Our itineraries are conceived for adult travelers above the age of 15. Due to the remote geographical location of our tours, none is suitable for pregnant guests.