Delhi - Nameri - Namsu village - Bangachang - Mokto village - Shanu Village - Tawang - Bomdila - Tezpur - Guwahati
12 Nights / 13 Days
Nature has bestowed it's plentiful bounties on Arunachal Pradesh, India's land of rising sun. The evergreen forests, the virgin floral and faunal varieties, the turbulent streams and roaring rivers meandering their way through deep gorges and lush green valleys, the inspiring mountains, and snow clad peaks - all make the state a unique place offering the tourist numerous opportunities for rafting, hiking and mountaineering.
Arunachal Pradesh finds it's mention in literature such as the "Kalika Purana" and in the epics of "Mahabharata" and "Ramayana". It is believed that sage Vyasa meditated here and the remains of the brick structure, scattered around two villages in the hills north of Roing was the palace of Rukmini, the consort of Lord Krishna. The sixth Dalai Lama was also born on the soil of Arunachal Pradesh.
DAY 1 : Delhi/Kolkata – Guwahati - Nameri/Tezpur
Morning fly to Guwahati. Met upon arrival and drive to Nameri Wildlife Park for 6 hours for overnight. Evening walk in the forest to see various bird life and wild flower. Nameri Tiger Reserve is nestled at the foothills of Eastern Himalayas; it covers an area of 200 Square kilometers. Situated in the eastern border of Assam valley and mountainous Arunachal Pradesh, it is a very scenic sanctuary with river Jia Bhoroli bifurcating through. Nameri is home to some of the endangered species like White-winged Wood Duck, and many other winged species.
DAY 2 : Nameri to Namsu village 6 hours
After breakfast drive to Namshu 140 km altitude of an 8800 ft, Namshu a biggest village of Monpa tribe in West Kameng District. Evening in the camp/ local house.
DAY 3 : Namshu - Sangti (8500 feet)
After breakfast, trek to Sangti valley for16 km. Sangti valley is famous for sheep breeding farm (high altitude sheep farm) one can visit. Evening in the camp or local house.
High altitude trek with Rhododendrons flower.
DAY 4 : Namshu to sela pass by Drive 70km 3 hr (13700Fit)
Overnight local house or camp. Enroute Visit different colors of Rhododendrons flower.
DAY 5 : Sela pass
13700 Fit. Whole day Sela pass trek around. See different colors of Rhododendrons flower and Paradise Lake.
DAY 6 : Sela pass to Bangachang
Trek to Bangachang. Over/night/ camp 14000 feet. Enroute visit 50 numbers of beautiful lake and wild flower.
DAY 7 : Bangachang
Whole day trek around see Rhododendrons flower and lakes.
DAY 8 : Bangachang to Mokto village
8000 fit. Trek downhill over/ night/ camp or local house
DAY 9 : Mokto village to shanu village
Trek to shanu village. Over/night/ camp
DAY 10 : Shanu Village to Tawang 25km 1 hr drives (10,000 ft)
Full day sight seeing of Tawang including the monastery as well as the cannery.
Visit Tawang Monastery, the birthplace of the 6th incarnation of the Dalai Lama, Tsangyang Gyatso (1683-1706 AD). It was here that the present Dalai Lama crossed the border into India after fleeing Tibet in 1959. Founded by the Mera Lama Lodre Gyasto in accordance to the wishes of the 5th Dalai Lama, Nagwang Lobsang Gyatso, The Tawang monastery of the Gelugpa sect is the largest Buddhist monastery in India. The name Tawang means Chosen Horse. It is also known in another Tibetan name known as Galden Namgey Lhatse, which means a true name within a celestial paradise in a clear night.
Located at an elevation of 10,000 feet (3,300m) in the district capital, Tawang, it is home to more than 600 Lamas. It has also houses in the Parkhang library. A collection of the 400-year-old Kangyurs which consists of 110 volumes with 400-500 pages in each bundle in addition to invaluable manuscripts. The lamas would get ready on ceremonial occasions for their dances and prayers. Dances and ceremonial celebrations are held in the courtyard, the most important of which is held on the night of Buddha Purnima. Other large collections include the Sutras, Tangym, Sungbhum, old books and other manuscripts, both handwritten and printed, many of them in gold. The collection has a total of 850 bundles.
It also houses a small printing press, which is meant for printing books to literate monks for religious services and their own education. The most fascinating part is the assembly hall - a three-storied building housing the temple and the 8.3-m high Golden Buddha.
DAY 11 : Tawang - Sela – Bomdila
Drive back to Dirang 190km Over the Sela pass to Dirang. On the way stop at Jung to explore another monpa village and visit Indo – China War memorial. over/ night/ hotel
DAY 12 : Bomdila to Tezpur 190km 5hrs drive
Moning visit genden mangyal monastery at bomdila / visit Rupa valley Shardukpan tribal village and chilipam monastery its Galukpa sect and drive to Tezpur Over/ night hotel.
DAY 13 : Tezpur to Guwahati 180km
Flight to Delhi in the late afternoon at 16.55 OR flight to kolkatta in the late afternoon at 18.45.
Inclusions and Exclusions
- Accommodation on twin sharing basis in double occupancy (single occupancy attracts a 15% supplement)
- All Meals (Breakfast, Lunch, Tea and Dinner)
- Drinking water
- Transfers to and from the airport
- Transportation by SUV (Innova or Xylo)
- Inner Line Permit/Protected Area Permit (for Arunachal Pradesh only)
- Rafting/Camel/Elephant Safari charges
- Porters and mules during trek
- Entry fee to all parks/monuments/folk dances
- English-speaking tour guide
Prices Do Not Include:
- Any kind of personal expenses or optional tours or extra meals ordered
- Anything not specifically mentioned under the head "Prices include"
- Tips, insurance, laundry, phone calls, medication, visa fees
- Any kind of drinks (alcoholic, mineral, aerated)
- Connecting flights, trains or other conveyance
- Cost incidental to any change in the itinerary/stay on account of flight cancellation due to bad weather, ill health, roadblocks and/or any factors beyond control.
Terms & Conditions:
- Prices valid from 1st October 2016 to 31st March 2018.
- Prices valid for minimum 2 and maximum 4 pax traveling together in one vehicle.
- 50% non-refundable and non-transferrable advance payment to be deposited at the time of booking confirmation with balance due in cash on arrival.
- November to March Pangong Lake Journey will be done in one-day excursion.
- In April and October heaters will be provided in accommodation and vehicle free of charge.
- Our itineraries are conceived for adult travelers above the age of 15. Due to the remote geographical location of our tours, none is suitable for pregnant guests.