Kolkata - Dimapur - Kohima - Khonoma - Wokha - Mokokchung - Mon - Dibrugarh - Kolkata
14 Nights / 15 Days
DAY 1 : Kolkata - Dimapur
Arrive at Dimapur, transfer to the hotel. Dimapur is the oldest city in Nagaland and was once the capital city of Kacheri Kings. Stay overnight at the hotel.
DAY 2 : Dimapur - Kohima
After having breakfast, transfer to Kohima (the capital of Nagaland). Later take a sightseeing tour of Kohima visiting State Museum situated at Bayani Hill – this will give you a deep knowledge of different feature of Naga’s Culture and the Cemetery of Second World War located in the middle of Kohima. Stay overnight at the hotel.
DAY 3 : Kohima - Khonoma - Kohima
Have breakfast and take an excursion to Khonoma located 20 KMS away from Kohima in the west. Khonoma is village of Angami tribes having the customs of courage & valour. In the history it is written that Khonoma village protected numerous villages in its previous good time. The gate of the village speaks the British access’s story at the hills of Naga. Also visit War Cemetery a memorial of the soldiers during World War II. Take a tour of the Museum which has rare article’s collection of various tribal communities of Nagaland that tells the Naga’s tradition & history. Pay a short visit to local tribal market. If time permits visit Kigwema village also known as Kepfiizha and have lunch at Dimori Cove Guesthouse. You may visit Angami Tribal village at Jakhama and a Village Resort at Touphema this is operated by the community of Angami Nagas. Later enjoy the cultural appearance done by the folks of village. Stay overnight at the hotel.
DAY 4 : Kohima - Wokha
Today, drive to Wokha. On arrival at Wokha, transfer to the hotel. Rest of the time is kept free to explore the local area. Stay overnight at the hotel.
DAY 5 : Wokha - Mokokchung
In the morning hours, take a tour to the camp of Governor at Liphanyan and Tiyi. Later depart for Ao Tribe’s home Mokokchung. It is a picturesque place and a hill station in Nagaland. Mokokchung is one of the oldest cities of Nagaland and is the major cultural hub of Ao Tribal Nagas. It also has colonial touch left by British Raj. Themajor festival of Ao Nagas are in the first of May Moatsu and in August Tsungremmong. These festivals give us the complete experience of Naga’s culture and their life style.
DAY 6 : Mokokchung - Mon
Have leisurely breakfast and drive towards Mon, (200 KMS/ 07 HRS) (897 meters) Mon is the major centre of Konyaks Tribe. You may see here the tattooed face of the local tribe wearing their traditional dresses and feathered gears on head. Konyaks tribes are accomplished craftsmen and expert artisans. Visit their outstanding wood carving, Guns, Headgears, Daos (Machetes) and Gunpowder etc. Stay overnight at the hotel.
DAY 7 - 9 : Mon
Today take a tour of characteristic Shangnyu village of Konyak tribe which is controlled by the head Angh. Shangnyu is one of the important villages in the Mon District. Here is one superb monument of wooden which has eight feet height and twelve feet breadth it is believed that this monument was built by the angels from heavenly. The main attractions out here are the human being’s carvings and different creature imprinted. Visit the human skull’s collection at Konyak Murungs. Here it is displayed that in the ancient time the chief hunter used to put the head of his enemies like a trophy. Stay overnight at the hotel.
DAY 10 : Mon to Dibrugarh
In the morning, transfer to Dibrugarh (a tea town of Assam). Arrive at Dibrugarh, check to a heritage tea bungalow. In the evening relax at the tea estate and taste a cup of best hot tea of India.
DAY 11 : Dibrugarh - Kolkata
In time, transfer to the airport to board a flight to Kolkata. Arrive Kolkata, transfer to the hotel. Rest of the time is kept free at your discretions or last minute shopping. Stay overnight at the hotel.
Inclusions and Exclusions
- Accommodation on twin sharing basis in double occupancy (single occupancy attracts a 15% supplement)
- All Meals (Breakfast, Lunch, Tea and Dinner)
- Drinking water
- Transfers to and from the airport
- Transportation by SUV (Innova or Xylo)
- Inner Line Permit/Protected Area Permit (for Arunachal Pradesh only)
- Rafting/Camel/Elephant Safari charges
- Porters and mules during trek
- Entry fee to all parks/monuments/folk dances
- English-speaking tour guide
Prices Do Not Include:
- Any kind of personal expenses or optional tours or extra meals ordered
- Anything not specifically mentioned under the head "Prices include"
- Tips, insurance, laundry, phone calls, medication, visa fees
- Any kind of drinks (alcoholic, mineral, aerated)
- Connecting flights, trains or other conveyance
- Cost incidental to any change in the itinerary/stay on account of flight cancellation due to bad weather, ill health, roadblocks and/or any factors beyond control.
Terms & Conditions:
- Prices valid from 1st October 2016 to 31st March 2018.
- Prices valid for minimum 2 and maximum 4 pax traveling together in one vehicle.
- 50% non-refundable and non-transferrable advance payment to be deposited at the time of booking confirmation with balance due in cash on arrival.
- November to March Pangong Lake Journey will be done in one-day excursion.
- In April and October heaters will be provided in accommodation and vehicle free of charge.
- Our itineraries are conceived for adult travelers above the age of 15. Due to the remote geographical location of our tours, none is suitable for pregnant guests.
About the Guide
"I'm a woman entrepreneur from Austria and run a resort in Goa, India. I have rarely followed
the crowd, have always lived curiously and am unafraid to travel alone. But when the time came
for me to explore India, I wanted someone else to put together a fascinating itinerary and look
after the logistics for me so that I could totally let my hair down and have fun.
It was a huge stroke of good fortune that I found out about Sange Tsering - The Holiday Scout.
Highly knowledgeable about the natural, historical and cultural treasures of Northeast India,
well organized and committed to customer satisfaction in his approach, Sange is more than a
qualified travel guide.
Given his contagious enthusiasm for discovery, Sange encouraged me to try everything and what
started out as a tour quickly became a glorious pursuit of new life experiences which we found
and swallowed whole for eleven straight days! Northeast India is a truly mesmerizing region,
and I will surely return to travel with The Holiday Scout - the guide makes all the difference."
Erika | Austria | Solo Traveller